[RT] Re: Mentor: More Mental Game Than Otherwise

Serge,
>From years of experience in trading and a grad degree in psych and
training in NLP...........I have found that the work around all of
this stuff is to have a stone cold simple mechanical system to trade
with. The mind is a sea of various chemicals. Becuase you saw, heard
or even ate something some chemical will hang out in your brain for
a bit longer....micro seconds is too long sometimes.... than is
optimal sometimes.........and then the shrink makes a fortune for
something he can not fix.

--- In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "c3po <r2d2@xxxx>" <r2d2@xxxx>
wrote:
> [...]
> form it takes is worth dwelling upon in detail .
>
> 2. The mentor idea if it means counselling with a view to benefit
> from teachings / experience/ techniques has limited value
potential

>            IF ON THE OTHER HAND
>
> The mentor is to act as a mirror to help you see yourself so you
can
> do some remodelling within reason and in harmony with your
> subconscious resistances then the value would be enhanced greatly .
>
> 3. For a trader like yourself using you would need to explore
> conflicts over the need to know things for sure
> issues in handling ambiguity of presentations and becoming very
much
> at home with being wrong and with not knowing something .
>
> 4. At a more advanced level issues of self-sabotage , risk etc...
>
> I am one of those who believes that a fellow successful trader as
> mentor may be in fact quite unproductive and a distraction because
> your makeup was decided before you embarked on trading [ which
while
> I would concede may have brought some things to the fore on
careful
> reflection they are issues of general style which permeate our
entire
> lives ].
>
> Serge
>

>  In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Brian Keith Voiles <admagic@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > I really love all the feedback about getting/having a mentor.
> > But I should have been more specific from the outset:
> >
> > I feel my challenges (and therefore my needs) are more
> > along the lines of my mental game.  I have certain
> > "support and resistance" levels in my mental game that
> > hinder my growth as a trader.
> >
> > I would like to find someone who is an expert at assisting
> > others in overcoming mental roadblocks and what I call
> > "psychological capital drainage" factors.
> >
> > For me, I have found that on any given day, after early
> > morning self-analysis, there's a certain amount of
> > emotional capital that I have to work with.
> >
> > I've found that the amount of emotional capital that I
> > have in my "mental account" at any given time is of more
> > importance than any amount of capital that's in my
> > trading account.
> >
> > Bottom line is this: I have challenges with growing that
> > amount of emotional capital -- by growing through my
> > challenges (hopefully with the assistance of a "mental
> > mentor" if you will) I will be able to grow my financial
> > account as well.
> >
> > Soooo.....
> >
> > With all that in mind -- could someone recommend a
> > one-on-one counselor, coach, mentor, or otherwise who
> > you are confident can assist me in growing through
> > my challenges?
> >
> > Thanks again to all who are so kind and generous with
> > their time to reply.
> >
> > Warmly,
> > Brian Keith Voiles
> >

> > At 10:31 PM 12/16/2002 -0500, you wrote:

Seeking
> a Mentor
> > >to Take Me Higher
> > ><?/color>Send reply to: <?color><?param
> > >0000,0000,8000>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >
> > ><?color><?param 0000,8000,0000>[ Double-click this line for
list
> > >subscription options ]<?/color>
> > >
> > >DN,
> > >
> > >Per your question below, trigger shyness can be fixed with
> practice. First
> > >start with paper trading your system exactly to the rules,
> assuming you
> > >have rules or a system. Hopefully, after seeing your system
> successfully
> > >work on paper for at least six months, you may decide you are
> ready to
> > >trade real money. Now trade the same system using such a
minimal
> amount of
> > >money that if all went wrong, it wouldn't phase you. You should
> grade your
> > >performance as much by how well you followed your rules as you
> judge the
> > >system. Making money on a trade where you didn't follow the
rules
> is a bad
> > >trade. Losing money while following the rules is a good trade.
If
> your
> > >system works and you follow it, you will make money in the long
> run. If
> > >you had trouble following your rules, you either need a
different
> system
> > >or consider changing to a non financial venture such as
Parchesi

705001779:HM/A=1370660/R=2/id=noscript/*http://www.ameritrade.com/off
> r.cgi?adc=fez&page=/>7178a14.jpg
> > >7178a78.jpg
> > >7178a82.jpg

> > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> > ><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.

DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.ZSp6B/dlOFAA/46VHAA/zMEolB/TM