Re: [RT] Seeking a Mentor to Take Me Higher

Brian,

   Msimms collaterally raises a point parallel to the one I had in mind. One
of the most important things to know to be a successful trader is knowing
when not to trade.  Those who think trading is like a 9 to 5 factory job,
where you must trade all day, everyday, will soon either go broke or be
greatly frustrated at their lack of progress. A better analogy for trading
is sailing.  One should carefully watch the weather and water conditions.
Too much wind or too little wind is not favorable for enjoyable sailing.
Extremely choppy water is also detrimental.  For the maximum enjoyment, one
should only venture out when conditions are near ideal.  Then, check the
wind direction and use that trend to to your advantage.  Those who force the
issue and refuse to defer to the forces of nature will soon have problems.

   So, if one doesn't trade S&Ps everyday all day long, what can one do to
compensate for this?
Learn to trade more markets. By having a broader market perspective, one can
greatly increase one's probability for finding low risk high reward
opportunities.  In conclusion, monitor more markets, trade less and then
only optimum situations, go for bigger profits, and you will be more
profitable, less stressed, have more time to enjoy life, and enjoy trading
more.

Happy Sailing,

Norman