[RT] renamed: Trading PC, OS's etc

With all due respect to those who are enamoured with the their latest
super-duper pc's with blinding RAM speeds and deafening processors.  I am a
full time professional trader.  I trade short (intra-day), medium and long
term.  I run esignal 7.1, metastock pro, excel, leoweb, browser and email
simultaneously.  In the background I have zonealarm in addition to the usual
junk that came with the pc.

And wait for it....

I am using my January 1998 NEC 233 PII.  I have upgraded to win98SE.  I have
upgraded to 192meg of ram from 64 and I have 4 monitors connected to an
Appian card.  I run my machine almost 24hrs, 5 days a week.  Sure, sometimes
I get the blue screen of death but compared to what can usually go wrong
during the average trading day....what's the big deal?

My point?

The PC or what ever tools you use to trade has very little bearing on the
end result.  Unless of course you insist on running video games or streaming
live video from your favorite porn site.  Then, of course, you should have a
good pc. <g>

I realise my comments will upset many.  If you must flame me in response;
please do so privately to avoid cluttering this excellent RT group.

Enjoy the holidays,