Re: [RT] Digest Number 1195

At 09:59 AM 12/5/2002, you wrote:
>Message: 13
>    Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:59:09 -0800
>    From: ztrader <ztrader@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Interesting info about XP
>
>For those of you thinking about the choice between Win2000 and XP,
>take a look at http://www.futurepower.net/microsoft.htm. Gives a nice
>overview of some important issues.
>
>ztrader

Has anyone heard or read anything about MS planning to discontinue support
for Win2000 at some point in the near future?

That is my biggest concern. There is no way (other than Win2000) to avoid
XP issues (with both the Home and Professional versions) like those pointed
out in this futurepower article unless you go with XP Corporate.

Too bad the DoJ can't wake up and pay attention to the types of genuine
monopolistic OS privacy and other abuses outlined in the article instead of
worrying about browsers.

Terry