Re: [RT] Worldcom Prefferred

It is my understanding, from what I have heard, that they generate a tremendous
cash flow, but it is not enough to service the current debt.  Therefore,
they will reorganize into another company, liquidate a great portion of the
debt by giving the debt holders an equity interest.  The current stock holders,
both common and preferred will end up with nothing and the bond holders will
be OK.  whether it happens that way or not, that is the rumor that I have
heard.  Wish you luck, Ira.

Don Ewers wrote:
04bd01c291a4$44ab0d40$4f2c343f@xxxxxxxx">

  Thanks Ira,
  I think the "void" right now is whether
there will  be a liquidation or not?  I am hearing not due the importance
of their  internet backbone.  The common shareholders are screwed I agree,
but I am  not sure if that also applies to an "cummative" preferred?  I would
 normally think they are looking at zero also, but if so why are the shares
 trading a $7.00 today (vesus normal $25.00)?
  don ewers