Subject: Re: Momentum
Date: 11/10/2002 04:35pm
[208.169.221.126])	by localhost.localdomain (8.11.6/8.11.6) with
ESMTP id gAAIIdw32222	for <JVC689@xxxxxxx>; Sun, 10 Nov 2002
12:18:39 -0600

To: JVC689@xxxxxxx
From: Andrew Lowdon <aal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/10/2002 04:35pm

John,

We calculate Momentum by going through all active stocks trading above $2
and calculating the (last price/(previous price-1)).

This cumulative total for the stocks, is then calculated as a percentage
for the amount of stocks within the calculation. The result is the Momentum.

I am sorry but we only save this information on an end of day basis. We
have no way to calculate mid-day numbers.

Thanks, Andrew

At 06:22 PM 11/8/2002, you wrote:
>Gentlemen,
>
>I am new to Bar Chart and have noted your Momentum indicater and wonder if
>you could inform me on how it is calculated.
>
>  Also I would like to backtest a system I have developed for the S&P and
> wonder if you could supply opening hour momentum and closing hour
> momentum for the trading days in October '02.
>
>I would appreciate any help you may give and will reciprocate with the
>system, if the concept proves successful.
>
>I am in the process of reviewing all of your services for possible premium
>subscription.
>
>In any response, please e-mail me at :
>
><mailto:JVC689@xxxxxxx>JVC689@xxxxxxx
>
>I only use Comcast for outgoing e-mails.
>
>Sincerely yours,
>
>John V. Cappello

Andrew Lowdon
Barchart.com