Re: [RT] Beware! Hquotes.com

Hello Mike,

Assuming  worse is not always right. All things explained on their web
site:

http://www.hquotes.com/hquote/index.html

As  far  as I can see this is due to Quote.com discontinued to provide
free historical data. Particularly:

--------------------

Today we have received more than 2 thousands e-mails with questions about the future of HQuote and other topics. Unfortunately, due to this flow of messages we can't reply all of them in a timely manner. Here are some common questions and answers.

Q1. HQuote unexpectedly stopped to download the data. What's the problem?

A1. Quote.com has discontinued providing the free historical data service and all the data requests HQuote makes result in "Quote.com sent bad data" error message.

Q2. I can't locate any link to HQuote web page. Where is it?

A2. We have removed temporarily HQuote from the web site and stopped selling it. When we rearrange the program and connect it to alternative data source it will become available for download again. We do not comment the deadlines at this moment.

Q3. As it doesn't work now, can I get a refund?

A3. According to Software License (C:\Program Files\HQuote\license.txt ) we do not refund software purchases due to shareware nature of the program. Instead we offer you to switch to another program - Yquote Downloader.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

HQuotes.com team

--------------------

If  you would like to switch to reliable and payable EOD data vendor I
could recommend Quote Plus (no affiliation, just as a satisfied user).

Best regards,
 Alex                            mailto:alex_bell@xxxxxxx

mac> I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post. If it is not, I apologize
mac> in advance, but it is something that members of the list need to be
mac> aware of.

mac> I would advise strongly against doing business with Hquotes.com. They
mac> provide a set of utilities that facilitate downloading and conversion
mac> of price quotes to formats compatible with several charting packages,
mac> Tradestation among them.

mac> I am a registered user of 2 of their products - Yquotes (for daily
mac> data) and Hquotes (for intraday data). Up until 2 weeks ago, things
mac> worked very well. At that time Hquotes stopped working. I went to
mac> their website (looking for a product update) and noticed that they no
mac> longer promote (or support) that product. After 2 weeks of sending
mac> emails to their support line, requesting support and an explanation, I
mac> have to assume that they are no longer in business, even though their
mac> website is still functional and they continue to promote their other
mac> products.

mac> So, please, do not make the same mistake that I did. Do not buy any of
mac> the products they are currently promoting. It is no fun when a vendor
mac> that you have come to rely on suddenly disappears.

mac> Regards,

mac> Michael

mac> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/zMEolB/TM