From: "Mike Higgs" <moongateca@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 3:19 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] virus IS A HOAX AND NOT A HOAX - Read Symantec Carefully

Kent,

I agree with you about virus software but I try not to rant about it.  It
does matter if it's a hoax because the misinformed are spreading potentially
damaging information.  Given that we are plugged in to the net, we are
affected even if we have AV software and do all the good things we are
supposed to do for the care and feeding of the Wintel.  We've all seen the
daisy chain effect of a virus in a closed loop of a list.  Imagine what
happens in a worst case scenario of an ISP where enough of its subscribers
are infected and know each other.  What an interesting mess.  What if it's
the ISP you use?  Maybe this hasn't happened yet.  I'm not sure that it
can't - the nasties are gettting increasingly bad.

Season's best,
Mike

>Does it really matter whether it is a hoax or not?  If you don't have virus
software...  If you don't have up to date virus software...  If you click on
everything that drops into your inbox (can I say "box"?  I know this is a
non-cussing list.)  WHAT FREAKING DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!!!!?????
(Substitute your favorite adult word for "freaking".)

Kent

Win a Capcom Console Game of Your Choice Or Even a Capcom Arcade System. Click Here to Enter.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tmpz8B/exbDAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM