[RT] Traders in Wonderland

Kent,
On Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 17:28:54 -0500 you said:

From: "Kent Rollins" <kentr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Goo Goo G'Joob?

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
- some old chinese guy

Those Chinese seem to have said it all before!
You and the old chinese guy are probably right of course, but those who
said a foolish thing often feel better about managing to avoid thinking
when so many others agree with them.    There is much
comfort in the support of others.
Losers need to know others are losing too - doesn't feel so bad then -
and group membership helps support denial of the losing process and
avoidance of change.
Emotional reactions feed on others emotional reactions and are the only
justification required at the time.     "It
always has been so, it always will be." (Anon)
When we feel under attack, emotional support is
important.    Of course the problem cannot be accepted as
being inside us, for that would imply that we require to
change.
But even losers can regret their irrational behaviour later - "You
mean I need to change?" is a perfect expression of this
reconsideration.   So future winners can emerge from the sea of
losers - it is after all where we all probably start out from
Regards, Ric.
P.S.
The Walrus of John Lennon is most likely to be a reference to the
character in the Lewis Carroll Alice In Wonderland sequel.

In the poem, the Walrus and the Carpenter said of a sea-shore:
Such quantities of sand:
"If this were only cleared away,"
They said, "it WOULD be grand!"
Reminds me of traders denying the purpose of the market and how beautiful
is its function as the master trader always buying at the bottom and
always selling at the top.
But if you see the sand as something to be cleared away it is difficult
to want be like the sand.
So like John Lennon and many others trying to emulate the Lewis Carroll
gift with words, my version could be:
Such quantities of traders:
"If they were only open eyed,"
They said "all WOULD be faders!"