[RT] Long term growth and withdrawls

Some years ago I read an article that discussed how much can be withdrawn from an all equity portfolio and yet preserve the capital base.  I seem to recall it was an AAII article and the withdrawl amount was 6% on a S&P portfolio.

I vaguely recall seeing an update on this study and the 6% was revised to 3%.

Has anyone out there seen this stuff or have any thots on the subject?