Re: [RT] elliot-wave chart for csco

Hi Ralph,
All I can say is it has been a good tool for me to use and since I am not
selling anything here (and have no connection with them), I have nothing to
gain by posting AGET things to the list.  My posts normally discuss the
current pattern/counts and offer upwhat they are saying.  If they don't mean
anything to you or you don't understand the value, then simply hit the
delete key?

If one has not spent the time to learn AGET, learned to understand all of
the "tricks" of the program, adjust ones thinking to the possible changes in
patterns as they unfold, then yes it could be considered tea leaves, as
anything else could, nothing is 100% , there is no holy grail. Attending "a
few seminars" is hardly the time needed to understand the program, one needs
to use it for some time first.  My experience has been over 6 years, it it
would seem unlikely that I would be using something for that period of time
if it did not provide predictive value that I have profited from?

My point is, AGET if used properly normally gets one on the "right side of
the trade" more often than not, after that your trading skills and
discipline need to take over. Will a person be stopped if it is wrong and a
count changes dramatically, yes, but that change of count I find keeps me
well away from the "I hope syndrone", since in reality it tells me it was
wrong and here is what now looks right.  Some people cannot accept the fact
things change.  Initially I was one until a guy at AGET (Andy Bushak)
pointed out to me (more than once) that there are some count changes that
don't make any difference you are still on the right side of the trade.  You
just adjust profit and stop targets on them.  It is the dramatic ones that
do make the diffence and need to be heeded.

As far as the oscillators I beg to disagree, they are one of the most
valuable tools in my work as to which counts to use (normal, short or long
term) and the foundation of the program, so your familiarity with AGET is
showing there perhaps?

That said, AGET does have the ability to go back in time and show exactly
what it showed on any given date so I will look at what it showed as you
have asked and post the chart on CSCO.  I know I sold CSCO in my kids
accounts at 60 3/4 depite them telling me they wanted to stay in it at the
time and that they was in it for the long haul.  AGET told me it was likely
all over at the time or nearing an end.  It did go higher afterwards I would
have to admit.  I will post a chart to see what it said, truth be known as
it were.

What was the other stock your friend asked about and the date roughly the
question was asked, I will see if I have the data on it also.
don ewers