[RT] 9-11 didn't exist

9-11 DIDN"T EXIST!!!  It was a giant consperancy perpertrated by the airline
industre to receive huge government bail outs.  In fact the films everyone
thinks they saw where created in a Hollywood computer animation lab (the
same as the films of the moon landings where).

OK, now that I've got your attention, what I mean to say is that from a
charting / technical analysis point of view perhaps all data between 9/11/01
and today 11/13/01 should be deleted.

I hope everyone had the courage and means to go long (almost anything)
shortly after the market reopened following the tragedy of 9-11, but where
do we go from here now that many stocks and the market in general is back to
pre 9-11 levels?  I believe most standard indicators whether price based or
volume base are drastically skewed due to 9-11 and the market's recovery.
This is most apparent on daily charts of 6 month duration or less (see pic
1)

One way to accomplish this would be to back up the time frame, say to 1 year
or longer (pic 2).  The problem here is that this may not represent
everyone's style of trading.

My hypothesis is that all data between 9/11/01 and 11/13/01(and perhaps even
longer as events unfold) should be deleted.  Unfortunately I do not have the
means to do this at this time.  However I think it might be an interesting
line of research for a magazine article or even a thesis.  In fact one might
extend the idea to other similar events and develop a trading strategies as
the result.

If nothing else it would make interesting conversation at your next cocktail
party.

Good luck and good trading,

Ray Raffurty

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95