RE: [RT] Layoff's continue to increase

<SPAN
class=890151707-13112001>Norman,
<SPAN
class=890151707-13112001>The Mass Pressure Chart has certainly been a goody
are you using that for your forecasts too?
It is
showing a low in Spetember and a strong rally into December <FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>for the Dow as
per my post in early
<SPAN
class=890151707-13112001>September.Why do you think Binny will get
binned then?
<SPAN
class=890151707-13112001>
<SPAN
class=890151707-13112001>Apparently the carpet bombs are much lighter than in
Kosovo but I guess they have less clue what they are trying to
get.
<SPAN
class=890151707-13112001>
<SPAN
class=890151707-13112001>Regards
David
Hunt
<A
href="http://www.adest.com.au";>www.adest.com.au

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Norman Winski
  [mailto:nwinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001
  3:06 PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT]
  Layoff's continue to
  increaseBruce,   I am looking for a
  good bounce into the new year.  Holiday shoppingshould be better that
  expected.  Bin Laden should be captured or killedcirca
  February.Cheers,Norman----- Original Message
  -----From: <bruce.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 10:25
  PMSubject: Re: [RT] Layoff's continue to increase> So
  Norm:  how long do you expect this recovery to last?  I'm
  assuming> you're talking about a few years since you're calling it an
  economic> recovery and not just some bounce.  I would have
  expected that Saturn> Pluto opposition into next May to temper your
  enthusiasm at least> until next summer.  Now you got me scratchin'
  my head.>>> --- In realtraders@xxxx, "Norman Winski"
  <nwinski@xxxx> wrote:> > M Simms,> >>
  >   I don't find that concept so unusual.  The stock market
  tends to> over> > discount possible future events in both
  directions. During the very> cyclic> > 60s and 70s, Nobel
  Prize winning economist Paul Samuelson said that> the> >
  stock market had forecast 11 of the past 6 recessions.  On the>
  other side of> > the coin, it was very unlikely that the Japanese
  economy would meet> the late> > 80s expectations reflected by
  the 100 and 200 price to earnings> ratios of> > many of their
  leading stocks even during prosperous times.  The> result
  is> > that their stock market bubble is still unwinding. It took 25
  years> for the> > DJIA to get back to even after the 1929
  peak. In reference to> > our NASDAQ and the unwinding of the 2k
  internet bubble, I quote> Karen> > Carpenter, "We've only
  just begun".  A good analogy would be to> check the> >
  performance of the growth stocks of the late 1920s such as RCA and> GM.
  and> > plot their performance for the ensuing 30 years.  Yes,
  given the> right> > timing one could have made an excellent
  return buying these stocks,> but that> > "IF" is the "if"
  that made all of the difference.> >> >   What
  this means for the next few years is that even if we get a> few>
  > boomlets, the stock market is likely to underperform the
  underylying> > economic results. This is due to major forces now
  coverging that> should> > cause a major long term contraction
  of price earnings ratios. These> forces> > are 1) stock PEs
  are historically way overpriced despite an 18 month> >
  correction.  2)  Major fiscal and eocnomic stimulus is the
  current> only hope> > to revive this economy and avert a
  possible depression. This> stimulus isn't> > free and will
  come from borrowing from the future. It will also> cause some>
  > inflation if and when there is any economic recovery. The ensuing>
  inflation> > will cause further PE contraction because PE ratios are
  optimized> when there> > is a very low inflation rate. We can
  expect an economy more like> the late> > 60s and early 70s
  for the next few years. After the current> recovery, which> >
  I think may have begun last week, we can expect a bigger and deeper>
  > recession which may result in the stock market getting market
  down> to a> > median historical level in terms of
  valuatoin.> >   So, how does one make money in this
  enviroment?  In order to play> the> > coming economic
  recovery, forget about over valued high PE stocks.> You will>
  > have to be very selective if you buy stocks and hope to make a
  good> return> > on the long side.  The best bet
  currently is to invest in one of> the several> > very
  depressed commodities such as Coffee, Cotton, Copper,> Soybeans,
  Sugar,> > or Silver.  All of these markets could easily
  appreciate 50% and> barely get> > back to prices that they
  were trading 30 year ago.  Check it out.> Save this> >
  note and check back in February 2002.> >> >
  Cheers,> >> > Norman> >> >>
  <prosys@xxxx>> > To: <realtraders@xxxx>> >
  Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 3:36 PM> > Subject: RE: [RT]
  Layoff's continue to increase> >> >> > >
  Hmmm....attached chart shows the Nikkei average down 70% since>
  1990.> > > I guess their stock market acts independent of their
  economy> then ?> > > Wow - that's a first.> >