  To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 4:24
  PM
  Subject: RE: [RT] Debt

  The
  also have time limits and have to increase reserves the long it stays on
  thier books

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Dorothy Carter [<A
    href="mailto:dorothy.carter@xxxxxxxx";>mailto:dorothy.carter@xxxxxxxx]Sent:
    Friday, November 09, 2001 11:05 AMTo: <A
    href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
    Re: [RT] DebtTalking to bankers in Anchorage
    Alaska back in mid 80's.. they  would setminimum bids and from
    there it was highest bidder wins...as they were not inbusiness to be
    property managers... competes with local business that dobusiness with
    them... not a good idea..... and would guess there are lawsand
    guidelines that govern what banks do and can't do and how long they
    cancarry before they have to auction off.... Guess we'll just have to
    wait andsee.............    :-)----- Original Message
    -----From: "Ira Tunik" <irat@xxxxxxxxx>To:
    <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 10:53
    AMSubject: Re: [RT] Debt> All I can tell you is what I
    saw happen in the 60s and 70s.  Now thingscould be>
    different.  S&Ls and banks at that time set up separate real
    estatedivisions> and they held the properties and managed
    them.  Yes there were auctionsalso.> That took place when
    the lender could get the price for his mortgageamount.> The
    problem was with the 125% and 150% loan values that took place at
    that> time.  what about the home equity loans that exceed the
    current homevalue.> Many homes are worth far less then loan
    amounts.>> Dorothy Carter wrote:>> > I can
    only tell you what I have seen.... it depends on how deep the> >
    recession/depression is.. in the current environ where there are
    massive> > layoffs  I'd guess the banks can only hold and
    rent so much..........During> > the 80's the banks in Alaska
    had auctions.... I would imagine this willbe> > the case in
    the future.. the banks don't go bust..  they have
    insuranceand> > they peddle the property..so they don't have
    to play "propertymanager".. I> > would guess that laws that
    banks adhere to don't indicate they are inthe> > business of
    being property managers for long periods of times....I'dguess>
    > there are some timelines on how long they can hold paper..  ANY
    EXBANKERS> > out there that can clarify this
    discussion?> > ----- Original Message -----> > From:
    "Ira Tunik" <irat@xxxxxxxxx>> > To:
    <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Friday, November 09,
    2001 10:36 AM> > Subject: Re: [RT] Debt> >> >
    > Don't bet on that.  The banks have been known to rent homes for
    years> > until they> > > could sell them for more
    then the paper on them.  In fact in the 60sS&Ls> >
    turned> > > many of the abandoned apartment buildings into
    Wh--e Houses and soldthem> > > several years later.
    The gov. can't afford to have the banks go bust.> > They>
    > > saved them several times from bad foriegn loans, and they will
    bailthem> > out> > > again at tax payers
    expense.> > >> > > "Dorothy K. Carter"
    wrote:> > >> > > > Add to that the appraisers
    who figured out how to inflate theappraisal> > so> >
    > > the homeowner did not have to pay points.. so when the value of
    thehome> > > > goes below the mortgage...  the
    yuppies walk away and the bank owns> > > > them..... thats
    when you sit back and wait for the bankauctions........> >
    > > they will come...............   save your $$$$
    homes  will be availfor> > 40%> > > > of
    today's value by yr 2005-2006> > > > ----- Original Message
    -----> > > > From: "Ira Tunik"
    <irat@xxxxxxxxx>> > > > To:
    <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > > Sent: Friday,
    November 09, 2001 9:57 AM> > > > Subject: Re: [RT]
    cycle is about every ten years. There was a bustin> >
    the> > > > 60s, the> > > > > 70s and the
    80s. Now maybe in the 2002s.  The thing is that prices> >
    never> > > > go down> > > > > to were
    they were in the last cycle.  Inflation takes care of that> >
    along> > > > with> > > > > 125% home
    loans.  Are there any S&Ls left to go broke or does
    theFed> > > > ultimately> > > > >
    hold all the paper once again?  Oh! I almost forgot about
    allthose> > > > mortgage> > > > >
    backed securities that the brokerage firms foisted upon the public>
    > once> > > > again.> > > > >>
    trick them to speed up...it's> > like> > > >
    > > asking a tulip to push through snow in order to
    bloom.......These> > > > larger> > > >
    > > cycles were in play before Bush became Pres.  and prior
    to> > 911.......> > > > with> > >
    > > > large layoffs.. banks end up owning a lot of
    realestate....   ina> > few> > > >
    yrs..> > > > > > auctions at banks will be good fire
    sales...... have experienced> > this> > > >
    cycle> > > > > > before in Alaska back in early
    80s.......... Now the post office> > bail> > > >
    out> > > > > > will be as costly as the airline
    bailout.... DEBT  DEBT  DEBT..one> > > >
    small> > > > > > check from Uncle Sam won't last 1
    month in the hands of thosewho> > need> > > >
    it.> > > > > > ----- Original Message ----->
    <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>> > > > > > To:
    <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > > > > Sent:
    Friday, November 09, 2001 6:33 AM> > > > > > Subject:
    Re: [RT] Debt> > > > > >> > > > >
    > > I read within the past few days that only 20% of the
    taxrebates> > were> > > > > >
    spent,> > > > > > > the rest went into savings and
    debt paydown. I suppose that ifthe> > > > next>
    there will bespending> > but> > > > > >
    > otherwise, from the standpoint of economic stimulus,
    lookslike> > > > another> > > > >
    -----> > > > > > > From: "Dorothy K. Carter"
    <dorothy.carter@xxxxxxxx>> > > > > > > To:
    <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > > > > >
    Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 4:17 PM> > > > > >
    > Subject: Re: [RT] Debt> > > > > > >>

    corp name...... and the corp calendar to float more debt> > >
    > continues...> > > > > > then> > >
    .... DEBT......Itnot> > > > just> > > >
    > > the> > > > > > >> > > >
    > > >> > > > > > >> > > >
    > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>

    subject to> > > > <A
    href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

    realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > > >

    to> > > > <A
    href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

    email to:> > > > >
    realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > > >>

    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to> > <A
    href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
    unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> > > >
    realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > >> >
    Groups is subject to> > <A
    href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
    group, send an email to:> > >