[RT] RE: Tax status

  • To: "REALTRADERS" <mailrs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [RT] RE: Tax status
  • From: "Bill Daniel" <bogeybunky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:41:53 -0700

Hi Roger,

I think the point you are missing is that  Section 1256 contracts are
reported on Schedule D.  If you look at Form 6781 (which is the form for
1256 contracts) it specifically directs you to report the 40/60 split on
Schedule D. Selecting Trader status does not eliminate this as an option.
You report expenses on Schedule C and your income on Schdule D.

Bill