RE: [RT] Downloading Yahoo Quotes

trial and error. :)

s = symbol
a,b,c = d,m,y of start date
d,e,f = d,m,y of end   date
g = "d" for daily, "w" for weekly, "m" for monthly
q = q for quote (don't know what else you can specify)
y = 0 (don't know what this is)
z = same symbol (don't know why it is duplicated)
x = ".csv" (format = csv - don't know what the other formats are)

(as an aside, there is an excellent (free) implementaion of Perl that
runs on Windows, called "active Perl" that runs under windows.  Perl has
a lot of libraries for constructing and parsing HTML requests, and it
should be possible to put something together in Perl that fetches Yahoo!
quotes, and then run it under Windows.)