Re: [RT] Intra-day market activity

> I look at tick charts. I don't show them much because most of the people
> that view the web site either cannot chart them or think it's voodoo.
> Perhaps I will start showing them more. What's your favorite tick chart to
> watch in the S&Ps and Nasdaq eminis?

I use a 12 tick chart for timing entries but also look at 810 and 1500 tick
charts when working with the mini SP. My 12 tick chart has the price hidden
and I use an adaptive moving average of price to represent price. It is set
to plot points and is fairly fast so it looks a lot like price without all
the noise on such a fast chart. I leave the price visible and plot as OHLC
bars on the 810 and 1500. When working with the big SP I use 3, 81, and 150
tick charts. Don't do much with the ND or NQ at this time. I use no
indicators other than adaptive moving averages, trend lines, and S/R lines.
Just started looking at adding linear regression in one form or another.

> By the way...I do not chart Globex, for anyone that wonders. At least for
> now, I find more value in day sessions. I keep a 78 min all periods
> updated, but it doesn't add much value to my work.

I don't pay much attention to Globex other than looking to see what the
highs and lows were. I may have mentioned a day or two ago that it seems
quite often (in the SP) that price will treat those levels as S/R. Your
opinion?

Anyone else using tick charts? Any reasons why or why not?

Regards, Randall