  To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 7:48
AM
  Subject: [RT] Timing Foreign

  I have been looking at buying foreign market
  options that move in sympathy with the US markets.

  Usually when the US markets tanks, the Nikkei
  will fall too.
  I have not done a calculation on the percentage
  of times this happen although.

  Here is a link to global markets that is
  updated every minute.
  <A
  href="http://www.wwfn.com/sample/oscharts.html";>http://www.wwfn.com/sample/oscharts.html

  I bought some 125 puts on the JPN
  <A
  href="http://options.nasdaq.com/asp/option_chain.asp?symbol=JPN&selected=JPN";>http://options.nasdaq.com/asp/option_chain.asp?symbol=JPN&selected=JPN
  They would have been in the money but the Nikkei
  bounced from its 12,005 low.

  But I find that the volume is very low and the
  spreads are high.

  Can anyone recommend other global option plays to
  capitalize on the global markets that can be bought by the end of day here to
  profit from any gaps and sympathy moves?

  Thanks
  SteveTo