Re: [RT] free eod data

In general, when it comes to data on the markets, you get what you
pay for. The cleanest data for US equities eod, and International
futures markets, comes from CSI. However, they have a slow update
procedure that some folks have complained about in the past. The data
though is in general, beyond reproach and it is pretty cheap.

However, there is a great way to get free data that is probably about
on a par with CSI. All you need is to know how to program in visual
basic. The data are all there, free from yahoo and reuters.
Historical and current data, at least for stocks, and probably other
markets as well. You might want to check the user agreement though to
see if it is legal to download. You can be 100% sure that it is
illegal for anything but personal use.

Not that anybody asked, but if you are day trading, there is no
excuse for not paying for a professional system. That means paying
up, but in the end, you will be happy. There is a reason why the
banks pay more than $1,000 for Reuters, Bloomberg. They are reliable.
When starting out, you go with what works with your budget and hope
and pray.

By the way, sorry I have been away for a while. Wish I could spend
some more time here. Maybe in a couple of months. I have us in early
part of good sized up leg for US stocks (1300+ for S&P and new high
for Dow), but still expect a match or near match of October 1998 lows
for the major indexes before it is all over. Risk to my bullish
interim call is Argentina and LatAm in general.

Take care all.

Steve Poser
http://www.poserglobal.com

--- In realtraders@xxxx, profitok <profitok@xxxx> wrote:
> I second  that
> if  we can only find more people like Clyde
> Ben

Guru, sought
> > out any followers, or claimed to be Billy Graham disguised as a
trader.

> > What he has done is unselfishly posted his honest (no word minced)
> opinion,
> > lots of charts, lots of code, and even more opinions about
upcoming market
> > direction. Now you people want to mold him into something that
fits what
> you
> > want- amazing. Anything else you want? A new car, new house? I'm
sure you
> > won't hesitate to ask. As far as the way he expresses himself, I
have
> found
> > that people who don't mince word are usually the most hones. They
say what
> > they think and speak plainly. If you want to carry your emotions
on your
> > shirt sleeve then the trading world is going to keep you crying
every day.

> > Clyde did a big favor by stating plainly some very important
facts. Too
> bad
> > many of you are too busy criticizing him to see that.
> >
> > As to posting trades, just how many is anyone going to post to
make those
> > happy that always want to see trades posted in advance? If he
posts 3-5
> > trades and it is during a drawdown then he's a loser. If he posts
3-5
> trades
> > during a winning streak then you won't leave him alone until he
makes your
> > trades for you and you are rich. Looks like a no win situation
for Clyde
> or
> > anyone else posting trades.
> >
> > I wasted all the time I'm going to on this discussion so don't
expect any
> > more replies from me.
> >
> > Have a great Sunday.
> >
> > Randall