Re: [RT] free eod data

Man (JackCarl's) site has free current end of day data avail. as a ascii
download.
http://sites.barchart.com/pl/jcf/data.asp?page=jcfdta4.ind   The downside to
this is that it is all commodities for one day in one file and you'd need a
way to distribute it if you want to add on daily to your database.  Other
ones i have in my bookmarks is http://www.futuresguide.com/que/quotes.html
and http://www.bohlish.com/#FUTURES .

http://www.turtletrader.com/hpd.html has free historical data.  I don't know
what format this is (all contracts, continuous, etc.)

Someone mentioned quote.com but just looking at their daily charts the data
looks buggy, at least on the demo site.  (In addition to occassional
outliers, the end of day charts seem to struggle with the overnight markets;
for ex. last I looked, the currencies appeared to have days missing.).  NTL,
quote.com would be the one way to get a given month/comm. in one file
including current and some history.

In the pay arena, for continuous futures data try Pinnacle for historical
(and updates if you want them).  I think they have a basic historical
package (some commodities) for $50, a more complete pkg of cont. contracts
for $99 or individual contracts for $150(?).   I got the $99 pkgs from them
a few years ago.  Before that I had gotten some from Tick data.  There
appeared to be gaps in their supposedly gap adjusted data.  Either they had
an error or I goofed in running the contract assembly program.

If you are ready to subscribe to an automatic updating service CSI appears
to be a good source and they give you historical data.  Downside is if you
cease to be a subscriber the database become unaccesible, as i understand
it.   In the past I've used Bridge for end of day, but the historical data
supplied is more limited.

[ I'm a (currently inactive) customer of Man and previous customer of the
Pinnacle,Bridge,Tick; but no other rel with the above sites. ]

Conrad