Re: [RT] free eod data

I wonder if numerous data feeds are necessary to be a great trader.  I have used the same data feed since 1989 and been upset on several occasions by what it sometime lacked.  I don't believe
that even two people using the same data feed will have exactly the same charts or receive the data at exactly the same time.  In fact in many cases the data that is received is sent out of
sequence from the actual trades.  After years of experience one learns that a good system and an experienced and knowledgeable trader will work profitably under such conditions.

As for divulging a system, many are proprietary, as mine is.  I do not think that it is necessary to post trades so that someone else can either ridicule or take advantage of a situation.  I
have posted targets for certain indexes or stocks and after they have reached those targets, someone comes on and posts some ridiculous method and says that the answer was easy to come by.
There are those that are quick to ridicule something they don't understand or couldn't do by themselves.  Anyone can come up with something after the fact.   People are quick to judge and
often wrongly.

I am willing to give advice.  To help someone to get started in the right direction, but I am not willing to give away a system it took me time and money to develop.  There are those that feel
this is wrong.  I don't see it that way.  It is true in many cases, you get what you pay for.  Like in every walk of life there are frauds, thieves and charlatans.  In everything it is a buyer
beware situation.  Some will say show me your trades and then I will believe your system works.  How does the student know that he is learning the system that the trader is using?  He is
taking that on trust. He could be using a proprietary system and teaching you Gann, Eliot or any number of other systems.  If you don't have faith in the mentor, don't pay the money.  If the
mentor won't give you follow-up help, don't pay the money.  Most systems take time to learn and apply.  If the mentor won't help you solve your problems as you go along then you have been
short changed.  That doesn't mean that the mentor has to trade for you or give you trades, it does mean that if you have a problem with interpretation that you should be able to send it to the
mentor and get a response in a reasonable period of time.  This type of mentoring is usually not a free service.

There are many of us who teach people to trade.  It is up to the potential student who is looking for a mentor to make a selection that suits his/her personality.  It is the trader that makes
the system work.  Like anything else in life it takes time and practice to become good at anything.  I wish all a profitable week.  Ira.