Re: [RT] free eod data

Boy, there is just some flat out nastiness going around. Not just this
exchange but on a number of other lists as well. When people start giving
it to Clyde then you know something must be in the air. Clyde has to be
one of the more generous posters on this list in sharing his time,
ability and methods. Quite frankly he is one of the dozen or so pieces of
glue that keeps this list as one of the best.

As I read Clyde's response it appeared to me that his response to Ketayun
was from his point of view, as a trader and system developer. If you
can't afford the data, you can't afford to trade. Couldn't agree with him
more. But what about the other end, the person trying to learn. Certainly
shelling out hundreds a month for data is a drain on the pocket. Nothing
wrong with looking for free data to use while learning. Perhaps the
question could have been phrased slightly differently - What is the
cleanest free eod for the s&p to use for learning? The more information
you can provide in the question, the less chance there will be a
misinterpretation in the answer.

I doubt many people on this list know one another or what their personal
situation is. The personal attacks on this list are minimal compared to
other lists. If you (and this is a general suggestion not specifically
directed to Ketayun) feel that you were attacked then why not respond in
private to that person first. Find out if it was just a misunderstanding.
Just because this is a public forum, doesn't mean that everything has to
be public.

To answer your eod question I would do a search on the yahoogroups
realtraders archive for "free eod" and look at past respones to see if
there is anything of value for you. I have also found the qcharts site
useful in that you can call up a chart and save the data in ascii format
for use in your software.

Jack