Re[8]: [RT] HOW UNFORTUNATE

On Sunday, June 03, 2001, 11:49:54 AM, rosow@xxxxxxx wrote:

rac>     Did you read the below quote from Joe Duffy's post last
rac> night??

Yes, I did.

rac> It disagrees with your above statement.

Well... I don't know about that. He says:

>> And similarly when testing two systems that work, you put them
>> together  thinking maybe you will improve the results, but most of
>> the time the  results get worse.

I am not talking about two *system tests* put together. I am talking
about doing a non-simulation analysis of two ideas to gather stats.
This is quite different, and provides different information.

rac> You are always looking for proof through  statistics and his
rac> point has always been that the proof is in his brokerage
rac> statement each month.

Again, completely different things.

>> Similarly two components that are not that great  on their own  can
>> yield a decent result when used together.

I agree with this. It can even be statistically valid. :-)

rac> How about giving us an idea on what you're thinking  about once
rac> the opening bell is rung in the A.M.??

Mostly, I think "price is approaching a possible trigger - get ready".

rac> I take it from your past posts that you start each day with no
rac> bias.

I try not to.

rac> So what kind of price action are  you looking for to get the
rac> trigger finger ready??

I let the market do what it will do, and take the signals as they
come. The signals are generated by a proprietary blend of digital
filters, missile-tracking concepts, and market geometry.

ztrader