Re[2]: [RT] HOW UNFORTUNATE

On Saturday, June 02, 2001, 10:24:50 AM, Ira Tunik wrote:

IT> I hate to disagree with you.  I use a system that works very well.  If you were
IT> to test each individual part, each would fail to produce a positive result over
IT> a period of time.  There would be false entries, bad objectives and late
IT> exits.

Of course. That is not at all what I am referring to. Testing a
statistical correlation is VERY different from testing the idea as a
trading system. I am referring ONLY to the stats. I am trying hard to
get people to distinguish the two.

IT> When you put all the pieces together you have a system with an
IT> extraordinary degree of accuracy.  Yet taken apart, no one part will stand
IT> alone, give a positive result, or make you any money.

Of course. However, each part can be analyzed, but NOT as a trading
system.

IT> When putting a system together you have to know what each part
IT> adds to the system and why it is there.

Of course. Some of us like to know how well individual parts work, and
select those that work best.

ztrader