Re: [RT] Re: Anybody remember the gold thread?

----- From: Ira Tunik <irat@xxxxxxxxx>

> You miss the point in the value of gold.  It is denominated in USD

It seems I did not explain my self.
I am not discussing the value of gold. What I am looking for, are triggers that may affect the price of gold.

Since it is "common knowledge" that a rising dollar means falling Gold price (I don't believe that necessary to be true), I though it would be a good idea to bring attention to the fact that the ECU/USD was in almost exactly the same situation as the Gold price - at an important support level, both in time and price.

If you believe the conection to be true, watch out. That's the whole message.

John Murphy in his "Intermarket Technical analysis" have a simple message (p65):"...A buy signal in the Dollar is usually a sell signal in Gold..."

I don't belive it's as simple as that, BUT you never know what will trigger the explosions, and since we are in a very delicate situation right now, with regard to the dollar I though it pertinent to point it out. Perhaps I did too much out of it...?

IRA,  I DO know gold is priced in USD. If I forgot to put USD  after the figures, it's because I though EVERYBODY knew that...

stig