Re: [RT] Re: Anybody remember the gold thread?

You miss the point in the value of gold.  It is denominated in USD.  If I am living in a country that doesn't allow me to own a foreign currency what do I do?  check the price of gold versus the Euro, French Franc, Lira, Swiss Franc, any easter european country, the ruble, or the south american currencies and
you will see a distinct rally in gold over the years.  Those that are not traders, who do not have access to the foreign currency markets and are peasants or working people in these countries, buy gold to preserve their buying power.  It is the only thing that will provide stability to their personal
finances.   It is strictly where you are that determines whether gold ownership is an advantage or not.