Re[4]: [RT] Re: Well... (cussing = low IQ)

On Thursday, May 31, 2001, 8:07:42 AM, EAdamy wrote:

E> This comment indicates that those who cuss have a sub-standard IQ. Frankly,
E> I find your comment no less disparaging than the a*****e comment and equally
E> deserving of banishment

This is just ONE example of the kinds of obnoxious remarks that are
made WITHOUT cussing. They can be just as bad, but do not cause
banishment. If we are to be fair, these should be treated equally.
IMHO, cussing gets disproportionate bad treatment.

In BOTH cases, a public warning should be given first.

E> Let's keep in mind that the individual who made the a*****e comment
E> believed that he was the intentional target of a virus attack
E> launched by the individual with whom he had been having a civil
E> disagreement.

This has happened to me as well. Coincidence? Who knows.

E> Either he had evidence (via the message header detail)

In my case, there were multiple attempts. The headers gave no useful
information re RT, but with dime-a-dozen free accounts, it is likely
the person would NOT use the same account as is used in RT. One would
hope he's not THAT dumb. :-) I get more viruses through RT than I do
from all other sources combined.

ztrader