Re: [RT] Back in the oil bidniz

Yes, this behaviour is consistent, albeit, I've not
traded NYH gasoline for a number of years. We tended to see a run up in price
during the gasoline season. Apparently, you guys tend to have
holiudays and stuff like that in the summer. There is then a fall off in the
autumn (you guys call it the fall) and a run up in heating oil as we approach
winter. Herewith the excerpt from API commentary for last week:

Brent gas oil traded 75 cents lower at $243.75 a tonne.
Statistics released by the American Petroleum Institute (API) late on Tuesday
showed an increase in crude and overall gasoline supplies. The API said crude
inventories in the United States rose by just over two million barrels to 326
million barrels, putting tanks 21 million barrels ahead of last year as hefty
imports added to existing storage.
But gasoline got a boost after the API said stocks of the cleaner-burning
reformulated gasoline (RFG) fell by more than one million barrels, widening the
year-on-year deficit to more than three million barrels and raising the spectre
of fuel shortages during peak summer demand season.
The API reported gasoline stocks rose 1.28 million barrels, almost one
million barrels less than market predictions and 1.8 million barrels above
levels at the same time last year. But it said supplies of the anti-smog RFG,
required at a third of U.S. pumps, declined by almost 1.2 million barrels or
eight percent below a year-ago to nearly 40 million barrels. Wafer-thin gasoline
supplies ahead of the driving season pushed gasoline futures prices to record
highs in late April at more than $1.16 a gallon on the New York Mercantile
Exchange.
Whilst refining margins have been postive recently,
can't really comment on Chevron as a company to understand it's balance between
up and downstream pricing.

FWIW, as a general tendency falling crude prices tend
to benefit those who are long refining capacity and v.v.

DJ

<BLOCKQUOTE
  ----- Original Message ----- <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>
  <SPAN
  style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">
  <SPAN
  style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><FONT
  face=Arial size=2>