Re[2]: [RT] Re: Validity of orbital element

On Sunday, April 29, 2001, 9:43:09 AM, Chris McMurry wrote:

CM> You asked for it, ztrader.  Here ya go...

Great! You get a gold star for being first. :-) It is good to see an
actual system presented - thanks.

CM> Here's a system that looks at the Nsync indicator and uses it to determine
CM> whether to buy or sell on a Moon / Mars trine.  It exits after holding for 30
CM> days.

Just an idea to toss out - is there an astro that says when to exit?
Is there something in astro that differentiates buy from sell?

CM> Note that this is only for the front trine (i.e., 120 degrees, not 240).

I don't know what that means. Perhaps you could also post the code, so
others could play with it.

CM> The question, of course, is does this beat random entries?  The market is the
CM> S&P, and most of the money was made on the long side.  And we were in a
CM> monstrous bull during the lifetime of this test.

True, the longs do overpower the shorts. Is it better than buy and
hold? These comparisons are a way one can see the true value of astro
systems. Thanks for the good start.

Hey, astro buffs, how about some additional systems?

Norm - you have extolled astro systems for some time, and seem to know
a lot about them. Could you provide a system or two for us to look at,
even in words, to bypass the work of coding? I'd sure like to see
them.

ztrader