Re: [RT] virus WSCRIPT.KAK.WORM

> If every RT member used AV software, there'd be no need for such
> restriction which would  prevent us e.g. from sending ela indicators &
> systems.

Two points......

1. There is no need for AV software to protect against email worms. I
don't leave mine running routinely because it slows down my system. If
Outlook Express users would just change their email security to
"Restricted," they would be immune to email viruses. Or, if they would
get decent mail software, they would likewise be immune. :-)

2. Code should be posted as plain text rather than ELA files. No
experienced TS user I know will paste in an ELA or ELS from somebody
he doesn't know. Lots of bad things can happen, from overwriting
functions with the same name, to executing malicious system commands.
The following is a valid EasyLanguage statement that will delete all
the data from your BMI server:

FileDelete("c:\omega\server\btc\40bonn.dat");

It won't even move the file to the recycle bin for easy recovery. What
are the chances you would notice that if it were nested about 4
functions deep in some mystery code you pasted into Power Editor?

--Dennis