Re: Re[2]: [RT] Re: Breadth data

Creative programming would fix the problem for sure.  Just getting someone
to do it is the impossibility.
Unfortunately the dtn composites, @ISN, @VSN will not plot in TS2k.  The
components of the composites will plot in Ensign if you create custom
symbols, which Omega products won't do.  You see, DTN sends the issue and
volume data in fields that the Omega Server does not recognize.  At least
the "P" Process codes don't tell the GS which fields the data is in.  It
doesn't arrive in the OHLC fields, but in additional fields
up,down,unch,total.  The GS does not have symbol templates or the defined
fields to create your own templates to do this.  Over the last year I have
talked to dtn techs and omega programmers and I have emailed Omega about the
alternative solutions as it is doable by some at their end or at DTN's end.
The request dies in a wish list.  It could be done in a flash, like hours or
a day if someone just did it at either company, but their relationship is
not a good one, rather a noncommunicative one from what I hear from dtn.
For example on the ethernet port of the new D8080.  Of course Omega isn't
going to revise the server.  A competant dtn programmer told me he could
modify the Omega Server to be ethernet compatible in a few days if he had
the source code.  He said it was incredibly simple thing to do to make it
accept data arriving via a nic card versus the RS232 port.  Personally I
could not wait for either company to do the job, so for a measely $99 I
found a hungry programmer in Moscow that is the programmer/owner of
MetaServer to do the job on a custom version.  For now for me it is an
acceptable solution.  Should Dynastore ever deliver their umds with API that
feeds the GS via TCP/IP, then I will switch to that, perhaps.

BobR