Re: [RT] Re: Electronic Stop Order Handling (Futures)

A great summary, Earl, and thank you for
that.

I use both Best Direct and Interactive
Brokers. Best uses the Fix API, and I think I read in an earlier post from John
that this means that stops are held on their servers. I wasn't aware of that and
will need to check. I have always known that IB's stops were held on their
computers and this has concerned me, not because of bad fills as they are very
rare, but because occasionally IB loses its connection to Globex, and at that
moment you're sitting out there naked.

Which brings me to my question to the
experts on this list. For protective stops (entry stops may be a different
matter) doesn't it make sense to always use Stop/Limit orders with, say, a 20
handle limit and thereby ensure that your stop is sitting at the CME and WILL be
executed, barring a shutdown in Globex itself? Or am I missing
something?

Andrew
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV