[RT] Market - XMI

A number of indexes and futures were bouncing off of S1 before the Rate
Reduction.  XMI is one of them.  Strangely the XMI gave back half its gains
whereas the others held on to most of them.  Just wondering if the old
traders in the group who were around when the XMI futures had a more visible
role in things have any comments about its performance today and its
implications for the future?  Another observation is the XMI appears to
adhere to its pivot  and S/R levels quite religeously, perhaps moreso than
some other indexes.  Again, are there any insigtful comments about this?
Once upon a time I read something about watching the "missles" XMI futures,
before the cash started trading, sort of like the focus on snp nowdays.  I
guess what I am fishing for here as a novice in such matters is some
historical perspective on where the XMI fits in the scheme of things, past
and present.

Thanks,
BobR