[RT] Tick Data Discrepancies

  The amount of tick data received in a
trading day (and thus the accuracy of any trading model) varies to such
extremes, depending on the source and method of receipt, its a wonder anyone
gets correct signals.
For example, in yesterday's trading of the NASDAQ
100 Index, (QQQ), I received from e-signal, 10,895 points of data using a
standard modem.  My home computer downloading from Omega's HistoryBank
recorded 10,300 points of data. An associate using a cable modem and receiving
data from BMI recorded 9,800 points, while a trading concern we work with using
a T1 line recorded 30,000 points of data on QQQ using e-signal. Quite a
difference.
  FWIW.

John

eGroups Sponsor