Re[2]: [RT] GEN: EOD Data Service - Genesis

  • To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re[2]: [RT] GEN: EOD Data Service - Genesis
  • From: Timothy Morge <tmorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 12:57:58 -0800

Mark:

I was quoted in an ad in TASC in early 1999, I believe. They read one of my
replies on a newsgroup [I believe the Omega newsgroup] and asked if they
could quote it and I had no problem with that. I have no relationship with
CSI other than that of a user for just about twenty years.

I agree that the database distribution can be lengthy. I collect all
futures around the world but no stocks. They use a proprietary method of
database management and compression to keep the file sizes on your hard
drive manageable and I assume that lengthens the distribution process. I
collect my data right before I leave my trading room to go cook dinner, and
I use my 'work on-line' machine, so I am not bothered by the distribution time.

Over the years I have used just about every data vendor, but I have always
found CSI's end of day data the cleanest, so I am still a satisfied customer.

I posted because someone mentioned that they had heard that esignal's data
was as clean as CSI's end of day data, which is far from the truth. Like
Mark, I am always looking for better, faster and cleaner data, whether it
is end of day or real-time data.

By the way...now that DBC has just totally crippled BMI's "real-time" data,
can we all get a few comments about esignal from traders that have switched
from BMI or that have CQG or FutureSource as a comparative standard?
Timely? Clean? Reliable?

Thanks.

Tim Morge

At 02:40 PM 12/31/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello Timothy,
>
>TM> CSI corrects errors when you download new data. They are the cleanest end
>TM> of day data. Period.
>
>i would agree with that..
>
>TM> You can even download data early [right after the close] and then
>TM> re-connect and recollect data and error corrections later in the
>evening or
>TM> in the morning.
>
>maybe  you  can  but bob has started to  limit the number of downloads
>per  month  and will charge extra if you exceed the limit.  i think it
>is  in  the  twenties that he allows.  for this reason i only download
>once per week, on the weekend.
>
>TM> They are the best end of day data vendors.
>
>they are also "ABSOLUTELY" THE SLOWEST - BAR NONE - TO BUILD A COMPLETE
>PORTFOLIO  OF EVERYTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE BACKADJUSTED WITHIN ONE DAY
>IS IMPOSSIBLE.  tell me it ain't so.
>
>TM> Tim Morge
>
>tim  you  need  to disclose that you were used in their advertising as
>well i will disclose that i was also quoted in their publication.
>

>--
>Best regards,
>  Research                            mailto:research@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Download Net2Phone's free software to make FREE calls anywhere within
the US from your PC now! Get great low rates on international calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10923/0/_/152424/_/978296236/