Re: [RT] Big Move in Gold Prices Coming Soon

The dollar is down in terms of the dollar only.  If you were in Euros, Francs or
Marks you would have made a fortune in gold.  We seem to always reference things
in our, US,  currency and forget that the rest of the world would have enjoyed a
great run in gold.   Ira

James Taylor wrote:

> True, it seems that every time the Dow rallies, the gold market takes a hit.
>
> The missing piece here is, that the US Dollar has been taking on water.
> No matter what the Dow does, the general perception is that Bush's
> Presidency will
> be negative for the strength of the dollar.
>
> The following reasons for that:
> 1) his tax cut policy
> 2) his Treasury secretary is know for a weak dollar policy, there is a
> belief that he will want a weaker dollar to
> help lower the massive US Trade Deficit.
>
> Since the US dollar is the fiat currency of choice for the world (for now
> anyway), any weakening in the dollar should bring strength to gold.   The
> last two times gold has made a run at the trendline, it has been on violent
> vertical moves.  This time, it has been gradual, and gold prices seem to
> have made a base.  Looks like a good risk/reward trade to me at these
> prices.  Hope it holds.
>
> Wouldn't be surprised if some gold related news broke this week to ignite
> the gold fuse.
>
> James

With US & International rates as low as 3.9c a minute from Net2Phone
Direct Plus Up to 1500 FREE minutes; you can call everyone on your list!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10924/0/_/152424/_/977786278/