Re: [RT] When & How to Quit When Losing

on 12/1/00 9:42 PM, Brian Keith Voiles at admagic@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Jerry...
> Thank-you for your time and thoughts.  Can you tell me what you mean
> by "learn to sell"?  Do you mean, learn to get out of the trade and nip
> that loss in the bud?

 Yup.  But it is not that easy and will take you some time.  When you give
up your plan and trade on your emotions, you are choosing to be right as
opposed to making money or preserving your grub stake.  After that the only
question is whether they carry you out feet first or head first.  First,
learn to hate red ink, then learn to hate black ink that is getting close to
red ink.  Don't worry about being wrong: Ted Williams hit .400 and they put
him in the Hall.

>> Brian:  Until you can learn to sell, you will be someone else's meal.  There
>> are two kinds of people in the markets: those who can sell and the suckers.
>> O'Neil says it takes about 4 years to learn to sell; it took me longer.
>> Sorry to be a downer, but that's the way it is.
>
> Who is O'Neil and do you feel it would be worthwhile for me to study
> whatever materials he has available?

Wm. O'Neil, founder of Investors Business Daily. In  "24 Essential Lessons
for Investment Success" he mentions that it takes about 4 years to learn to
sell.  You can get it now on sale for $7.50 so it's a good read at that
price.  O'Neil has been around the block.  Have a good weekend.

best.....jerry

 Thanks again Jerry.
> I really do appreciate your time and valuable input.
> Warmest Regards,
> Brian Voiles
>

>> best.....jerry

eLerts