[RT] Re: Why markets move under Demos, Repubs

This is a complicated matter. A brief example of what I am going to
say is magnified by a story my father told me about the Steel Mill
that he worked for, for 18 years. The steel company would get upset
about low profits and productivity and get a new superintendent with
a reputation for making money. This new guy would come in and stop
maintenance, cleanup, restocking and even safety. As an example, my
father said that the overhead cranes would have chunks as large as a
base ball broken out of the track wheels that the cranes ran on. This
caused them to bang along as they moved material, jarring both man,
machine and material. This new superintendent would push as hard a
possible to get a strong run to make the numbers look good. As soon
as the numbers improved he would quit and move on. The company would
hire a new man after the "hot shot" left and he would have to come in
and rebuild, maintain and resupply the mill to get it back in good
running order. Profits and productivity would then drop and soon he's
in bad standing with the Company so a new "hot shot" would be brought
in and so on. This is over simplified but a similar scenario can
happen in politics. One party runs down the military, certain
facilities, and governmental supply, but during that time the economy
is high and good time Charley is popular, afterwards a new man comes
in and he is faced with having to rebuild. He can either borrow or
cut government hand outs to pay for it. You know how popular it is
for someone to cut hand outs, so money is borrowed until the day
comes that a lender can't be found. So the markets respond to money,
they don't care much who is in office.

--- In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Carl  Vanhaesendonck"

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/152424/_/975086971/