[RT] Dems, Reps and the economy

To say that Clinton did nothing to keep the economy rolling is a ridiculous
statement.

Before I continue, let me say that I abhor Clinton's conduct and I am
embarassed that a person of such low moral standing is the President of the
United States of America.

However, President Clinton did something that almost no other President has
ever done. He listened to his constituency and did what they asked him to
do. He almost never made a move without a poll. He probably would have
beaten Dubya if he could have run again.

So, how can he take credit? He certainly did little for the economy itself.
But he did agree to compromise. He did not clobber so much that the economy
would fall off the cliff. He did not SPEND SPEND SPEND. He just did not cut
taxes for the super wealthy. At the end, he did move to the left by
clobbering the estate tax and marriage tax cut attempts, which I personally
am not too pleased with, but I would still rather have the Dems controlling
one branch of govt and the Republicans the other. I do not trust the far
left as far as I can throw them and I trust the far right even less.

As far as the current election goes, since I have a bigger problem with an
all Republican govt, you can guess who I voted for. However, if I could vote
again, I'd vote for Marge Simpson (now if Bradley and McCain could have
formed a team, I would have gone that route -- at least if Bradley was the
Prez).

---
Steven W. Poser, President
Poser Global Market Strategies Inc.