Re: [RT] Re: Why rats and pigeons...

One way I know what the techs are doing is to simply follow the Elliot Wave
and Gann theorists.  Another is to watch this list and others I'm on.
Another is to watch the equity trading chat rooms I'm a member of and I'm
talking about small, professional trading channels which only allow full
time, professional traders on them.

As to when to trade the three groups I mentioned?  Oil majors always fall
off first.  They do this because the market wants out before the peak is
reached so when you begin to see the majors falling into rising commodity
prices, it's time to get ready to buy the support issues.  They too will
fall with the majors but their earnings will continue to grow and grow
since investment results are slower to come in that for the majors.  It's
not complicated.

As to the financial area, these stocks have come off quite a lot and we are
now looking at a greater chance of a rate cut than a rate increase.
Considering Citigroup's vast diversification, they are the safest and best
of all the money center banks in my opinion.  Also, financials typically do
well at year's end.

As to my third announced action, I now feel that the techs have been hit
hard enough that there will be far less babies thrown out with the bath
water and selective, high quality issues can be purchased with an
acceptable risk/reward factor.  How do I determine this:?  I look at the
best companies and watch how they've been hammered along with the zero
earnings, high risk issues.  Not a complicated process and neither is
investing in general.  The more simple it is, the better it is.  But then,
I'm an old dude so what  do  I  know?   :))

I wish everyone on the list well ..

Bob

At 06:41 AM 10/31/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks for the info, but I'm wondering how do you decide when to trade. Do
>you wait for a news story, execute at random or something else? Also how do
>you keep an eye on the technicians?
>
>Prosper
>
>> I have .. several times. I'm a pure fundamentalist with the exception
>that I keep an eye on the technicians not for what they are predicting but
>what they are going to do themselves due to those predictions.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/973005032/