Re: [RT] Re: Why Rats and Pigeons...

I have .. several times.   I'm a pure fundamentalist with the exception
that I  keep an eye on the technicians not for what they are predicting but
what they are going to do themselves due to those predictions.

Right now, I've just gone back into oil service, RIG .. finincials, C ..
and am beginning to cover the tech shorts which I think have made the bulk
of their move down.  All fundamental reasons .. Big oil money is just now
filtering down to the drillers and suppliers .. Interest rate worries are
mostly over and the financials should improve into the last two months of
the year and a lot of good techs have been tossed with the bath water which
will bring money back to the sector soon.  Nothing difficult or fancy ..
just what I hope will be common sense and basics.   I'm in my 32nd year of
trading now and I've found what works for me.  I hope everyone on this list
finds what works for you ..

Bob

At 08:52 PM 10/30/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Bob,
>
>How about telling us what you use to make trading decisions.
>
>Prosper
>

>> I certainly enjoyed this one.  The only thing we must remember is that all
>those people who must find methodologies and historical patterns will cause
>their own forcasts to become self-fullfilling prophecies as they buy/sell
>to accomodate their beliefs in what will happen.   So, the Gann theorists
>or Elliot Wavests certainly do have an importance to us all.  Just not
>exactly in the manner they believe.  They aren't watching the news, they're
>making it.  In the end, they're mostly just "Jimmy The Greek" claiming
>their charts tell them that "what has been happening will continue to
>happen until it doesn't happen any more".  All in all, not bad advice.
>
>Bob

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/972965433/