From: Earl Adamy <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, October 29, 2000 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] Why rats and pigeons might make better investors than
people do

Even "wrong" can be difficult to measure. A technician has guideposts
along the way to tell him/her when the price analysis is wrong and a
position should be closed or reversed. Technicians commenting for the
media are not generally given the opportunity to say "... but if x price
is broken, we will exit/reverse the position." Thus the "track records"
shown for each guest on CNBC represents only a "buy and hold" strategy,
not the real world. I suppose there are some analysts who would hold
through some of the 75%+ draw downs shown, but most would have the sense
to get out somewhat earlier.

Earl