Re: [RT] MKT: chart formations

In a message dated 10/15/00 9:53:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ist@xxxxxx
writes:

<< The problem with making a prediction or having an opinion is that you
 have a tendency to defend that opinion.   That is why having an opinion
 is bad for a trader.   If you have a position and you put it on for all
 the right reasons, when it starts to go against you it is human nature
 to try and defend that position. One of the reasons for a stop placement
 at the time the order is filled. One rule I have always followed.  If
 for any reason I don't feel right about a position that I hold, I
 liquidate immediately.  Once I have no position to defend I can look at
 the situation with a clear head and once again make a trading decision
 based upon my system with defined targets and stop.  What ever I decide
 to do next is not influenced by ego, a past decision, or the fact that I
 have to admit that this trade was on the short end of the probability
 curve.  Defending a position is the biggest mistake most new traders
 make.

could  not say it better myself
also

after teaching many students i find  even myself defending my  view  instead
of liquidating,
and that is why last week i have posted my losing  trade  to  show others how
NOT  to make my mistake,
Ben

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/971696653/