RE: [RT] Nasdaq Bottom

I agree that we are near a bottom of some significant degree as well and we
are due for a pretty sharp bounce. However a story on NPR that says things
are down a bunch and have not done well all year is an indication of an
impending turn. Timing it will be tough. I have Oct. 18 as a possible turn
date. Now, if NPR does a story recommending to bail and buy utilities or
bonds, that will be more interesting. I am seeing a lot of reports about
bottom picking, and when I see that I get real nervous that we do not have a
bottom yet.

Typical bottoming type occurrences, such as 90% of all shares down on a day,
or a huge percentage drop in one day, hopefully with a strong intraday
reversal, 14-day RSIs near or below 20, momentum divergences, are just not
present right now. It does not mean we do not have one. Two people that I
highly respect, John Bollinger and Chris Carolan, seem to think we have
bottomed, but if we do, it would be via a statistical anamoly.

As for who will capitulate, it is usually the fund managers anticipating
major withdrawals. They are no smarter than you or me. Heck, some of them
buy my newsletter! It was the pros that tanked NASDAQ last year. Remember,
at 2566, a 50% haircut from the intraday high, the comp would still be ahead
about 15% from its end of 1998 level and only back essentially to the Oct.
1999 lows.

---
Steven W. Poser, President
Poser Global Market Strategies Inc.