Subject: RE: [RT] Trading Methodologies
Date: 10/08/2000 09:08pm

Is this it, John?

from http://www.tradesignals.com/indicators/#QSTK:

Qstick (QSTK)

                        The Qstick was developed by Tushar Chande and
is
explained in "The New Technical Trader". It is a simple tool for
classifying
candle sticks and can be
                        defined as a moving average of the difference
between open and close prices.

                        If a bars close is less than the open then the
candle is black.

                        If a bars close is greater than the open then
the
candle is black.

                        Hence a cluster of black candle sticks is
considered
bearish and a cluster of white candle sticks is considered bearish.

                        The Qstick is the moving average of the
Close -
Open.

                        Thus negative Qstick values indicate a
possible
cluster of black candle sticks (bearish) and positive Qstick values
indicate
a possible cluster of white candle
                        sticks (bullish).

                        Simply put, the Qstick may be used as a simple
replacement or qualifier for candle sticks.

                        Displays the volume and moving averages of the
volume.

warmest regards,
Kimberly