[RT] Re: Open letter to Dr. John Cappello

<x-html><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
out what a
to get SOMETHING FROM

mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</blockquote>
</x-html>From ???@??? Thu Dec 30 12:20:10 1999
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:12:04 -0800
From: Andre Franklin <andref@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RT] Re: Bradley Cowan, the other side
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: listmanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RT'ers,

Attached is Brad Cowan's response to Brad Stewart's recent message. I'm
posting it on behalf of Cowan who is not a part of this forum. I
received this from Cowan in two parts, so I'm posting it here as "Part
I" and "Part II".

Good trading...and the best to all RT'ers in the coming year.

Andre Franklin
http://www.wickedtrader.com

Part I of Brad Cowan's message...

..there
they go again...
I'll make this as brief as possible because I think most people are
getting
as tired of this as I
am and for the most part really do not care. Plus, it's 2 a.m. and I'm
tired. Tired physically, and tired of these Baumring "moonies" who
continue
to try to attach themselves to me.

I've let slide most of the praise heaped on Baumring by a handful of his
students because there was no point in doing otherwise and Baumring can
not
defend himself, so what would be the point. But when Stewart attacks my
work and its originality, then
there is indeed a point and I need to respond and clarify the facts.
Stewart made the false statement that my attorneys
had "advised me that I had no case against Pich". My attorneys advised
me
the exact opposite, that I
had a clear case and encouraged me to pursue it. I have never mentioned
this to
anyone, including Stewart. So one can only speculate why he would make
such
a false statement. My decision to not pursue it on legal grounds had
nothing to do with the ability to win the case. I simply know that  in
order for someone to benefit from what was taken from my work people
will
need my courses. Pich has no understanding of the Price-Time vector and
cannot effectively teach it's implementation. And there are better ways
of
dealing with problems like this.  My software will make Ganntrader
obsolete.

Another false statement made by Stewart was that no one attended the
seminars free except what Baumring called his "private students". As
I've
mentioned before, Baumring solicited me on the telephone several times
return to the seminars when I dropped out. When I told him I was not
learning anything he offered free attendance. Now,I know why. He made
his
money selling his "Private student" speech to people for 25-35K.  He
tried
it on me several times, but I never took the bait. That is one reason
why
he called me on the telephone and requested that I no longer attend his
seminars because "we have a personality conflict", that was OK by me.
My
personal feeling is that Baumring was a charasmatic person, who was good
at
selling himself. He especially attracted to his inner group those who
were
very impressionable and needed a "father figure" to give them some type
of
spiritual salvation. They still worship him to this date. I just wonder
why
his "private students" can not trade worth a darn, if they trade at all.
wasn't looking for a daddy, just for him to live up to his
of "having mastered all aspects of WD Gann", a statement I have
concluded
is entirely false.

Also, the Appendix which Stewart referred to in Market Science II
showing
the ancient temples is a TINY side interest of the
material in my courses. That is why it is in an appendix. As I stated in
the book, it is included for people who want to pursue other interests.
I've constantly referred people to Chatlin if they want to go that path
with their studies.  I've done a lot more work than Chatlin on this
topic,
including going to ancient monuments and making my own studies. That's a
topic for another day...
I'm amazed (although I shouldn't be) that Stewart focused on such a
trivial
and petty issue.

I can only speculate what Baumring was referring to in Stewart's letter
(posted by him earlier), and really do not care.  As I've stated over
and
over again to these Baumring fans, there is no evidence that Baumring
ever
used PTVs (by any name).  It is a huge leap to go from what Stewart
quoted
from his notes to what I'm doing with my PTVs.  As I've mentioned
earlier,
I've provided Ruff and Pich with copies from my engineering text books
showing where I learned the material that Stewart claims I learned from
Baumring. Most people with science or engineering backgrounds learned
nothing from Baumring. Stewart and Ruff had no such background.

What Stewart does not mention in his letters and articles is that
Baumring
was a very poor trader. In an attempt to sell the $4000 notebooks,
Stewart
even wrote an article in Traders World claiming Baumring was a
wonderful trader.  But I know several people that were involved with him
when he was trading and lost large amounts of money, both his and
theirs.
Including a gentleman who sat right next to him for several months while
he
traded. To quote this gentleman, "Baumring could talk the talk but
couldn't
walk the walk, he packed his nose with cocaine every five minutes while
his
trades kept going bad". I can go on and on about his poor trading
record,
massive drug abuse, and the eye witnesses who lost their own money with
him. But you see no mention of this by reading Stewarts article about
him
in Traders World. Is that possible because Stewart is selling Baumring's
notebooks for almost $4,000. I've had people ask me if they could buy
theses notebooks from me and I instead referred them to Lance Mercado,
who
sold them for the $4,000. If it would not be such a pain in the neck I
would just copy those notebooks and give them away free to anyone that
wanted them. All they contain are photocopies of freshman/sophmore level
science/engineering courses, which I learned years before hearing of
Baumring. I've already proven this, as mentioned in my prevous posting.

Stewart said I praised Baumring's work. Gads, these people are desperate
find anything. I believe what Stewart is referring to was a statement I
made years ago when Stewart was just getting started in his book selling
business. I offered to write an introduction to the notebooks in an
effort
to help Stewart get his company up and running. I was somewhat well
known
at the time and made the mistake of offering to help him. Naive on my
part.

In conclusion, just a few questions, Mr Stewart,

Why did Baumring's seminars have juch a high drop out rate? There were
more
than 100 people that started and about 30-40 left when he threw in the
towel. A good chunk of those were his $25-35k private students. Nobody
left
to sell to?

When he committed suicide (as contained in the medical examiners report)
why was he being sued by different people that lost their money that he
was
trading for them.  I've talked with these people.

In the past, you mentioned to me that you were giving a percentage of
the
$4000 price for the notebooks to his widow because she needed the money.
Why does she need the money. Baumring should have had a lot of money if
he
was as good as your Traders World article falsely implies.

If Baumring taught my material, why aren't you rich?  I am, including a
million dollar + trade I just made in crude oil. I've documented just a
tiny percentage of my accurate market calls at www.cycle-trader.com.

Anyway, it's late and I'm tired/bored. Tired from no sleep, and bored
with
the underachieving Baumring groupies that can not achieve on their own
so
they attach themselves to someone else's accomplishments.

Brent crude oil is opening in London. I'm watching it, are you? Doubt
it.

Part II of Brad Cowan's message...

AS a follow-up to my previous post, I just looked in Market Science
Volume
II, Appendix E, which Stewart referred to (ancient temples) in his
previous
post. The new copies of Market Science being printed now do indeed have
my
reference to Maurice Chatlin. Chatlin did some good work on looking at
the
measurements of temples in Sumarian units.  My work expands that to show
these same numbers apply to soybean market growth spirals, obviously
something Chatlin never studied. That was an unintentional oversite on
my
part in the earlier printings, but has been corrected with my reference
Chatlin. I'm primarily a trader, writing these books was something I did
not even plan on doing. I need to learn that when I have people like
Stewart, Ruff, et. al. looking down my throat for anything they can
find,
that I must dot all the "i" and cross all the "t"s. Brad Cowan
www.cycle-trader.com