[RT] BUY the Y2K

Hello RealTradersList,

I  want to get long the SP here going into Y2K, so soon this week I am
going to get long the SP prior to Y2K thinking that the non event will
cause a run strait up afterward.

However  I'm  not  stupid and so I have figured that maybe I should go
short  now first the futures and sell a put against my short position.
Then  thinking  that  the  markets  explode slower up than down I will
maybe  place  a buy stop above our recent high to force me into a long
position  which  is  what I wanted to do in the first place. When that
happens  I'll  take  the loss on the future hold the put to expiration
and  then  when I flip the short future to a long position I'll sell a
call against my now long future position.

Or  I  could just buy an in the money future option and sell an out of
the  money call. Placing then a sell stop, which should probably be 20
points  above  where I actually want to be filled. That way I'll loose
the  money  on  the purchased call, collect the short call premium on
the  call  I  sold.  Then be short the future, which I will sell a put
against somewhere in the free fall of the Y2K dilemma.

I  generally hate to buy calls or puts and in my entire career Ii have
never bought a call or put of any kind on any commodity. I have chosen
only to sell them, but I may give it a shot this time.

I  may  just say screw it no guts no glory and just buy the SP futures
and  be  done  with it. Preparing myself for a 13+ percent stop loss I
would be willing to take. Which would be around the mid 1200 level.

Bright Ideas? I'm all ears and running out of time. Mark

--

.o©º°¨¨°º©[ WWW.MARKBROWN.COM ]©º°¨¨°º©o.

                 <(©¿©)>