[RT] Re: [realtraders] S&P and Nasdaq S/R for 12/28/99

John:

I don't follow the information that you post,  but I will defend your right to
post it to those who might use it as a guideline.  There are always those that
like to ridicule others and make light of what is said or posted.  That is one
of the reasons that I seldom contribute to this forum any more.  I have a
proprietary system that I use.  I will not post the method that I use to
ascertain the targets that I post or the support resistance lines that I post.
Does that make the information worthless?  I don't think so.  Like any other
profession, Medicine, legal, accounting, engineering, etc. you don't ask them
what is your method and I won't believe the result until you show me your method
and prove to me that it works.  You seek out a professional that past patients
or customers state did a good job. Do you find out exactly how a blood test is
analyzed before you will take one and then don't believe the results because
they haven't proved it to you.  No, you listen to what the professionals have to
say and make a judgment decision as to whether to follow their advise.  The same
goes here.  There are hundreds of people who belong to this group who never
contribute, but follow what is being said and what is being discussed.    If
someone posts that he is long or short something, I will use it as a trigger to
look at what he/she is doing.  I may find that it is right or wrong according to
my system and act on it if called for. So all of you who post information and
don't want to give up proprietary background, do so.  It will help some of us to
get off of our duffs and look at something we might not have thought about for a
while.  Have a good week, and a great new century.  Ira