[RT] Re: Dilemma

Rory,

You have brought up some good points.

My wife, who experienced Allied bombings in W.W.II, is very scared about
Y2K.  I went out today to fill up our kerosene 5 gal container to appease
her.

I have a friend in the banking business and he has related that the FED
examiners have been very diligent checking on their ability to go through
Y2K.  The Fed.'s position is that if a financial institution is not able to
prove Y2K compliant, they are out of business and will be taken over by a
compliant institution.

Here in Colorado Springs a bunch of Russian military officers are arriving
to participate with the Space Command folks to monitor the state of world
affairs (read inadvertent nuclear missile launches).  The US has a good
handle on its nuclear weapons but we aren't so sure about the rest of the
world.  The press is making a big deal about this and I suspect that you
will see a lot of press reports New Year's Eve from here.

Life is a crap shoot, but good planning can sometimes mitigate risk.
Insurance in its many forms is a transfer of risk.  I stand by my earlier
statement is that in the long term Y2K might be an insignificant event in
the long haul.  I think the risk may be in being out of the market may
outweigh the risk control of cashing out.

Next week should be very interesting.

Marlowe