[RT] Re: Crash Index at minus 10 Reading

I knew when I did this post that someone
would protest my interpretation of the -10
Crash Index reading of 08-03-99 as a valid
(or "right") signal.  Oh well.  In my
mind it would be easy to make a case
either way (that the -10 signal was right
or wrong),..look at Utilities,  Interest Sensitive,
..and the Broad Market as measured by the
Value Line,...etc. and a clear case can be made
that a larger decline than the 6% decline seen
in the Dow-30 or S&P500 indexes, etc.  To me,
the fact that the -10 reading did occur on 08-03
is significant,...whether the signal presaged a 6% drop,..
or something more severe,...and everyone else can
view that call as they may.   I side stepped much of the
decline into the October low partially due to the
08--03-99 Crash Index -10 reading as well as a
bunch of other tools in the box.  Who cares if  the
decline is 6%,...15%,...or 30%,...the idea behind
the interpretation of any indicator is that risk of a
serious decline is increased at certain times...etc.

Jim Pilliod jpilleafe@xxxxxxx